Safety Tips for Riding UTVs
Many UTV accidents and injuries cannot be prevented. Most are caused by human errors like driver inexperience, reckless driving and carelessness. Following a few simple safety protocols can greatly reduce your risk of experiencing an accident while enjoying time on your side-by- side:
- Always use proper safety equipment including seatbelts and DOT approved helmets.
- Never operate your UTV under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Keep arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times.
- Avoid reckless or aggressive driving and abrupt maneuvers to prevent rollovers.
- If the vehicle should roll, resist the urge to put your arm out to brace your fall. Instead, cross your arms over your chest and hold the seatbelt.
- Know the weight limits of your vehicle and do not exceed them.
- Never allow children under 16 to operate a side-by-side UTV.
- Use common sense and know the limits of your vehicle and driving abilities. source